Carbon Monoxide – Be Aware


Carbon Monoxide – Be Aware

What is Carbon Monoxide (CO)?

You can’t see, taste or smell it but it KILLS!

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a bi-product of incomplete combustion of fuels, such as Natural Gas, Liquid Petroleum Gas and Oil.

CO poisoning occurs when you breathe in the gas and it replaces oxygen in your bloodstream. Without oxygen, your body tissue and cells die. Even small amounts of the gas can cause CO poisoning, and long term effects can include paralysis and brain damage.

Know the symptoms

Early symptoms of CO poisoning can be easily mistaken for common illnesses, which may be confused with the likes of food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness. Symptoms to look out for include:

  • headaches or dizziness
  • breathlessness
  • nausea
  • loss of consciousness
  • tiredness
  • pains in the chest or stomach
  • erratic behaviour
  • visual problems

What to do?

We highly recommend that you have a CO Alarm fitted, by one of our specially trained professionals. With such a large number of different models of alarms available, it can be difficult to decide on which is right for you. Our staff, can help you get the right alarm fitted for you, which could save a life.

As NEST Pro installers, not only can we install basic model alarms, we can supply, fit and install state-of-the-art systems, which can let you know if the alarm has been activated through your smart phone.

If you believe you have a faulty appliance, which may be spilling carbon monoxide, or you have a CO alarm that has activated. It is recommend you do the following;

  1. Switch off the appliance and shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve
  2. Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
  3. Visit your GP and tell him/her that you believe you may have been exposed to carbon monoxide
  4. Call NMC Maintenance Limited on 07557 943 891 or the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999

Further information can be found on the following;

No Comments

Post A Comment